The name Amethyst derives from the Greek word amethystos, which means “not intoxicated”. Amethyst is one of the most popular stones from the mineral kingdom. Classified as a semi-precious stone, in ancient times amethyst was called the “stone of fire.” It was considered to be as expensive as a diamond. Many thought it cured drunken stupors and hangovers.
Amethyst carries poignant energy, which resembles passion and love. Therefore, it should be no surprise that the stone is by far one of the most powerful. Amethyst has the ability to expand cosmic awareness and a higher mind while enhancing passion and creativity. It’s a great stress reliever when the wearer suffers from mood swings.
This stone is great for the following:
- Manages stress and anxiety
- Encourages tranquility and stability
- Aids meditation
- Improves sleep and calms the mind
- Treats headaches and reduces hangovers
- Stabilizes third eye chakra and crown eye chakra connections
- Facilitates intuition and spirituality
This is the version of a Amethyst Cluster.